Recently our son Jadon became very fussy whenever we try to feed him breakfast. But then, we started playing the new kids album Rain For Roots during breakfast, and he now loves to eat! I'm thrilled about this because Rain for Roots is one of the most powerful, understandable, and moving presentations of the gospel and God's majesty for children that I've ever heard.
Kids Music For Kids...and Adults!
I'll admit it–Rain For Roots is such a clear, compelling presentation in music about God's power and redemption, that it makes me cry whenever Jadon and I listen to it. This album for children is composed by some of our favorite musicians, including Sandra McCracken, and puts to song the words from Sally-Lloyd Jones's stunning Bible story book The Jesus Storybook Bible. It thrills me to see Jadon smiling, and trying to sing along to words like this:
Track 9 – "Jesus Is Alive
Listen here: http://rainforroots.bandcamp.com/track/jesus-is-alive
"Who died, but came alive again?
Who came to rescue you and win?
Who came to make all things brand new
Who did it all for love of you?
Who did this all for love of you?
Chorus:
So sing and dance and leap and run
His name is Jesus, little one.
Sing and dance and leap and run.
His name is Jesus, little one."
As Jadon learns to speak, I am eager for him to know and to sing along to these simple folk songs about God. They move his dad's heart, and I hope they'll move his too, to become a worshiper of the Mighty God.
Jadon loves to eat to Rain for Roots!
Where to Buy
Best of all, right now a sampler of their music is available for free at Noisetrade.com.
Purchase and download the full album Rain For Roots here: www.rainforroots.com

p.s. I just love this photo from last Saturday night's release party! Gotta love that they have quilts and blankets out for the little ones to gather round and hear the gospel in song.

No comments:
Post a Comment