Monday, July 2, 2012

Stunning Images of Huehuetenango Coffee Fields

Tasting and enjoying quality coffee blends from around the world is one of my (Jonathan's) hobbies. This photo gallery from Counter Culture Coffee captures the beauty of the people, the land, the plants, and the process of growing coffee. Best of all, these stunning photos are from close to my father's home. They're from Finca Nueva Armenia, a coffee farm in the region of Huehuetenango, Guatemala, where my father is from, and they beautifully portray the journey that coffee cherries take from plant to your cup of morning joe. I was inspired to share these photos after an insightful conversation I had with my dad who knows a number of coffee farmers back home in Guatemala.


I just have to give a shout out to Counter Culture Coffee for the excellent coffees that they blend, roast, and brew, and for caring more about the people who grow coffee than about profits.



No comments:

Post a Comment